ARMY WELFARE PLACEMENT ORGANISATION (AWPO)
1. Army Welfare Placement Organisation (AWPO) is a non profitable organisation mandated to facilitate jobs for Army veterans, their widows and wards into various govt/semi govt and corporate sectors. It is registered as a society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. Raised as an Army Placement Agency in year 1999, AWPO now has a pan India presence with 18 Placement Regional Nodes in all major cities and 54 Placement Cells. AWPO functions through its dedicated and interactive web portal exarmynaukri.com for online activities and to meet prospective employer’s manpower requirements with an updated and dynamic database. There are more than 2.5 lakhs army veterans registered with AWPO seeking jobs for their second career.
2. About 1200 officers and 60,000 Personnel Below Officer Rank (PBOR) superannuate from the Indian Army every year. Majority of the officers retire in their early fifties while most of the PBOR retire at an early age between 36-45 years. This resource of Army Veterans constitutes a disciplined, well trained and skilled work force and seek avenues for a second career. Empowered with skills in various fields relevant to current industrial environment, these personnel can contribute immensely towards comprehensive growth of any Corporate as also the Public Sector. AWPO has a large database and will be able to facilitate in providing the Army Veterans who can be employed as follows :-
- (a) Senior level Management, including Advisors / Consultants.
- (b) Independent Directors.
- (c) Project Managers, Executives, Administrators, HR Managers, Security Experts / Advisors.
- (d) Security Officers, Supervisors, Estate Managers, Guards and Armed PSOs.
- (e) M Tech / B Tech Engineers – Electronics / Telecommunication / IT / Electronical / Technical / Civil.
- (f) Logistics Advisors, Supply Chain Managers, Inventory and Materials Management.
- (g) Warehouse Managers and Storekeepers / Store Managers.
- (h) Staff Car Drivers and Heavy Vehicle Drivers.
- (j) Vehicle Mechanics, Electricians, Aviation Technicians etc.
- (k) Date Entry Operators, Computer Operators, IT Assistants.
- (l) Accountants, Office Clerks, PAs and other Office Staff.
- (m) Many other categories.
AWPO also facilitates and encourages entrepreneurship / “Start ups” amongst the veteran fraternity. A humble beginning has been made in this field as well and number of veterans have been suitably skilled to undertake start-ups.
4. Wards & Widows.
Indian Army adds nearly 1000 widows every year, who need to be settled in their adversity. While the education qualification amongst the windows may vary, however, AWPO seeks for placement of these widows into the corporate world as part of Corporate Social Responsibility program etc.
5. Young Graduates from Army Professional Institutions.
Army is running 13 professional institutes for the dependents of Army personnel. The young dependents who graduate from these institutions are embedded with the same ethos of discipline and training. The young MBAs trainees from these Army Management Colleges in Greater Noida and Kolkata are also available for placement into the corporate world.
Army Welfare Placement Organisation is into providing organisations with full services of recruitment solutions to efficiently screen and select the most qualified candidates for their current job opening.